Thursday 1 January 2009

Mitch's Playlist: 0.3

I'd like wish to my readers a happy and safe year, for 2009! Thanks for sticking around. I've felt pretty unwell, lately. I just try to keep going!

I am listening to:
  • Bach: St. Matthew Passion Highlights -- Cleobury, King's College Choir. Obviously, this piece was written by J.S. Bach. It's about the events surrounding Christ's crucifixion. It is also regarded as being one of the greatest pieces of Western music, of all time! I have no disagreements, there! Bach is my favourite classical composer. Actually, I had not heard it, before.
  • I have been watching a lot footage of Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee. Their albums are good, too (eg. Backwater Blues). Sonny and Brownie's partnership was one of the greatest, in the history of folk-blues. It was also one of the stormiest! Some of the footage on the Net/YouTube -- just great!
(Started post on 01/01/2009.)

No comments: