Sunday 23 November 2008

Mitch's Playlist: Edition 0.0

I thought it would be fun, every so often, to take some time to talk about the music that I have been listening to. I'll try to comment on each entry, as well.

It is a study, unto itself but it's also an interesting way to talk about newly-discovered CDs, or old favourites. It's almost always in CD format; but I have been using iTunes more often, lately.

So, the first edition of Mitch's Playlist:
  • The Essential Leonard Cohen -- Leonard Cohen. From what I can gather, it was supposed to be a double-disc set. It was loaned to me by a friend. I found out later that there may have been a second disc. It doesn't matter; Cohen is great!
  • 03 -- Son of Dave. I have reported on this album, before. It is so much fun! It is always interesting to hear musicians, who combine such diverse elements.
  • King Biscuit Time -- Sonny Boy Williamson II. The album has its roots in radio show, on which Williamson and his band were regular guests. I think they even did the advertisements! The second 'Sonny Boy' (aka Aleck Miller) was an harmonica legend.
See you next time.

No comments: